Did You Know...?
Did You Know...
That Haddon Savings Bank never sells our mortgages?
Did You Know...
That college costs are growing faster than the cost of living?
Small Business Info
National Veterans Small Business Week
SBA empowers veterans, active duty service members, Guard and Reserve members and military spouses through entrepreneurial training and education programs, business technical assistance, counseling, special access to capital programs and federal procurement training and access to opportunities.
Join the conversation at #MyVetBizto share veteran stories, encourage community members to highlight local veteran-owned businesses in their community, and show gratitude and support to veterans and their families.
Are you thinking about starting a business this year? It involves planning, making key financial decisions and completing a series of legal activities. The U.S. Small Business Administration has 10 steps that can help you plan, prepare and manage your business.
Your particular business or sales season may be quickly approaching, and the time is now to make sure you get the most of your marketing efforts to help secure sales success in the coming months. Here are a few budget-friendly ideas to help get you started. Additional Information, Programs and Small Business activities are under our Products and Servcies in SBA.
Credit and Savings Insights
5 Steps to a Successful Home Purchase
Housing and Pricies appear to be on the move, along with interest rates. This along with the combination of an improving economy and job market makes for interesting home purchase activities. Present inventory available may make this homebuying season particularly challenging for the unprepared. Here are five steps future homebuyers can take to increase the chances of success this spring.
- Get pre-qualified for a mortgage. Homebuyers must be prepared to act quickly when they identify the home for them. There simply isn’t time in a market with so few homes available for sale to figure out after the fact whether or not a home is affordable, or if you will be able to qualify for the necessary financing. Meet with a mortgage professional before taking any other steps to focus your search and budget from the start.
- Do advance research. You can start online. There is a wealth of information available. However, it is still vitally important to do real, on-the-ground research to get a feel for neighborhoods including transportation and accessibility to schools, shopping and other amenities. Speed your search by only considering homes that “work” for your lifestyle.
- Choose your real estate professional carefully. Experience matters but recommendations matter more. The best real estate professionals act as your consultant providing wisdom on all aspects of the home buying process. The best sources for recommendations are recent homebuyers and mortgage professionals who work with the real estate professionals in the area on a daily basis.
- Make “must have” and “nice to have” lists. When choosing a home to live in for an extended period of time it is vital that it serves your needs and aspirations. With so many factors to weigh, it is a helpful strategy to develop an evaluation method that will streamline the process. If you can avoid spending time on any homes that are missing a “must have” characteristic, you can spend the extra time needed to consider the multitude of “nice to have” features that can truly differentiate the best choice from the rest.
- Think long term. Remember your home choice may impact you and your family for a very long time. Consider how its location, school district, future area development, cost, size, configuration, structure and lawn maintenance requirements and your needs will change over time.
This could be one ofthe best times to buy a home, but supply may leave unprepared shoppers frustrated. If you are in the home market this year, follow the guidelines above to ensure a much more enjoyable and successful process.
Call us or have anyone you know who is in need of a preapproval or personal consultation. For your convenience forms are also on our website!
Your credit affects (positive or negative) your ability to:
Get a loan or credit card and at a better rate.
Be approved for an apartment in addition to better home loan.
Get insurance and at a better rate.
Get a job offer...?
Make an Informed Mortgage Decision
The mortgage industry is filled with a multitude of providers all competing for your business-banks, credit unions, community banks, mortgage bankers and brokers. How can consumers evaluate mortgage loan offers to make sure they are making the best decision? Here are some recommendations to help ensure that the largest purchase you will make and the largest debt you will incur is as positive as it can be.
$357 more funds available. Purchasing power. It is an economic theory and or a technique used to determine the relative value of currencies, estimating the amount of adjustment needed on the exchange rates, used in comparisons for pricing level increases and decreases against price index such as CPI or for inflation. In investment terms, it is the dollar amount of credit available to a customer to buy additional securities against the existing marginable securities in the brokerage account. It is defined as the amount of goods or services that can be purchased with a unit of currency.